Pirandai Salt For Weight
(Giloy Satva) For
Bamboo Rice For Bone Strength
and Weight Loss
Fruit To Cool Body and
Akarkara Roots ( Anacyclus Pyrethrum )
Product description:Introduction: Akarkara or Akarkarbha or Pellitory, is mainly used in and as an in many Ayurvedic formulations. It is said to enhance libido and cure premature . But these are not its only uses. Another major area where it is used significantly is that of neurology as it is very effective in curing nervous & neurotic disorders. Apart from these, it has many other health benefits & medicinal uses that we shall see later in this post. Keep reading...
•Hindi: Akarkara, Karkara
•Sanskrit: Akarkarbha, Agragrahi
•English: Pellitory Plant, Pyrethrum, Toothache Plant, Mount Atlas DaisyBotanical Information:•Scientific Name:•Anacyclus Pyrethrum•Origin: Mediterranean Region. Believed to have originated in Arabia.•Distribution: Indian Subcontinent, North Africa, ArabiaDetailed
Akarkara or Pellitory is a procumbent, perennial herb distributed in the Mediterranean Region, Northern Africa, Indian Subcontinent and Arabia. It shows thick, bushy growth with numerous branches & thick, small, needle-like leaves. It looks almost like a creeper and is characterised by flowers with petals having white upper-surface and light magenta to purple coloured lower surface, surrounding a yellow core.
The roots, that are used dried or fresh in medicinal preparations, are very pungent and sometimes used in spicing foods. Controversy: Although Anacyclus Pyrethrum is more popular as Akarkara or Akarkarbha or Pellitory, but few studies recognize Spilanthes Acmella Oleracea as Akarkara or Pellitory. This one too belongs to family "Asteraceae" and genus "Acmella". Spilanthes Acmella is reported to possess medicinal properties similar to Anacyclus Pyrethrum.
But in this article, we shall only discuss Anacyclus Pyrethrum.Parts Used: RootsForm of Application: Extract, Tincture, Raw, Powdered, Paste etc.Mode of Application: Oral (Extract, Decoction, Infusion, Raw) & Nasal (Extract, Powder).Extraction of Juice: By compression, alcoholic extraction, infusion in water etc.Physical Properties:
The extraordinary medicinal properties of Akarkarbha or Akarkara or Pellitory are listed as under;: The extracts of Akarkara roots increases libido or urges and delays .Analgesic: It reduces or ends pain by causing numbness.Anti-Rheumatic & Anti-Arthritic: It gives relief in rheumatic arthritis by increasing circulation.Anti-Bacterial & Anti-Viral: Akarkara has also shown anti-bacterial & anti-viral properties and thus it keeps you safe from a large number of air-borne & water-borne infectious diseases caused by bacteria & virus.Anti-Biotic: It also inhibits microbial or biotic growth in the body.Anti-Catarrhal: Akarkara or Pellitory root also exhibits anti-catarral properties, i.e. it expels old catarrh.
Medicinal benefits of Akarkara herb:
1. Aids in Menstrual problems-
- Drink 100 ml decoction of Akarkara plant twice a day.
- It normalizes the menstrual cycle.
2. Helpful in Paralysis-
- Grind Akarkara roots and mix it with the oil of Mahua plant.
- Massage with this on the affected areas. It heals paralysis.
- Take 500 gms of Akarkara root powder and mix it with honey.
- Licking it twice a day is very beneficial in Paralysis.
3. For Stomach problems-
- Mix equal amount of Akarkara root powder with fig and peepal powder.
- Give 1/2 teaspoon of this mixture, every morning and evening after the meals.
- It cures all forms of stomach disorders.
4. Treats Asthma–
- Make a powder of whole akarkara plant.
- Strain it finely through a muslin cloth.
- Inhaling this powder cures different breathing problems like asthma, dyspnoea etc.
5. Aids in Heart diseases-
- Take bark of Arjuna tree and Akarkara powder in equal quantities.
- Grind them and give 1/2 teaspoon of this mixture, twice a day.
- It makes your heart stronger and also abides any strokes.
6. Helpful cure in Halitosis-
- Take equal quantities of Akarkara, roasted alum, black pepper and rock salt.
- Grind these into a fine powder and use as tooth powder in brushing your teeth.
- It curbs Halitosis and cures all types of tooth and gum problems.
7. Treats Headache-
- Make a paste of Akarkara root. Applying it on the forehead, treats headache in eased way.
- Chew the root of Akarkara, it treats headache caused due to cold.
8. For Sciatica-
- Mix akarkara root powder with walnut oil.
- Massage it on the painful areas.
- It help cure Sciatica.
9. Abides Laziness and Dullness-
- Whenever you feel dull, take 1 gm powder of Akarkara with 2-3 cloves.
- Take 100 ml decoction of Akarkara, it eradicates Laziness.
10. For Hiccoughs-
- Take 1 gm of Akarkara powder with honey.
- In repeated hiccoughs, taking this remedy works magically.