Pirandai Salt For Weight Loss
Seenthil Sugar (Giloy Satva) For Diabetes
Bamboo Rice For Bone Strength and Weight Loss
Bael Fruit To Cool Body and Insomnia
Common name: Bitter Apple, Colocynth, Bitter cucumber, Egusi, Vine of Sodom
• Bengali: indrayan, panjot, indrabaruni
• Hindi: badi indrayan, ghorumba, indarayan
• Kannada: hamekkae, hara-mekki-kayi
• Malayalam: kattuvellari
• Marathi: kadu-indravani
• Sanskrit: atmaraksha, brihadvaruni, brihatphala
• Tamil: kumatti, pey-komatti
• Telugu: chitti-papara
• Urdu: hanzal, indyaran, shahme-hinzal
Botanical name: Citrullus colocynthis
Family: Cucurbitaceae (Pumpkin family)
Synonyms: Cucumis colocynthis, Colocynthis vulgaris
Medicinal use of bitter appleColocynth or Bitter apple is an annual or perennial creeper growing wild in the warm, arid and sandy tracts of North West, Central and Southern parts of the India. Colocynth is, in moderate doses is drastic, hydrogogue, cathartic and diuretic. In small doses, it is expectorant and alterative. Colocynthin is a cathartic and intensely bitter principle. It has a purgative action. All parts of the plant are very bitter. The fruit has been described as cathartic.
- Latin name: Citrullus colocynthis (Linn. ) Schrader. syn. Cucumis colocynthis Linn
- Family: Cucurbitaceae
- Ayurvedic: Indravaaruni, Indravalli, Indravaarunikaa, Gavaakshi, Chitraa, Chitraphalaa, Indraasuri, Mrigaani, Mrigairvaaru,
- Vishaalaa, Vishaalyka, Indraayana, Aindri
English: Colocynth, Bitter apple
Hindi: Badi indrayan, Makkal
Malyalam: Kattu Vellarikkai, Valiya Pekkummatti
Telgu: Chedupuchcha, Peikummatti
Medicinal uses of bitter apple
Boils, pimplesExternally apply fruit pulp at affected area.
Pimples, AcneWash to clean roots of herb. Then extract its juice by crushing and adding water. Apply externally at affected areas.
ConstipationTake its fruit juice (150 ml), add (1/4 teaspoon each) of hing, ajwain, elaichi, rock salt. Mix this juice (1/4 tsp) in lukewarm water and drink.
Piles, rheumatismPrepare pills by grinding Piper longum and Roots of citrullus colocynthis in eqaul quantities. Dry in sun. Take one pill with water.
Breast inflammation, joint painApply paste of root on affected area.
Cough, intestinal wormWash and dry roots of herb. Grind to make powder. Add thus prepared churna (one pinch) in hot water and drink.
Dosage of bitter appleThe safe dosage of this herb, dried fruit 125-500 mg powder, root: 1-3 gm powder
Side effects of bitter appleIn large doses it can cause stomach problems, It is emetic and gastro-intestinal irritant.
The white pulp of Citrullus colocynthis extracted in water has diverse healing properties few of which are;
1. VERMIFUGE action, that is worm expelling action .
2. Administered in cases of CHRONIC CONSTIPATION to procure free evacuation of the bowel.
3. The extract of the fruit pulp is utilized in the treatment of URINARY TRACT INFECTIONS.
4. It is effective in the treatment of ASCITES.
5. Research shows that it helps in SHRINKING TUMORS , BENIGN as well as CANCEROUS tumors.
6.When challenged by SKIN ERUPTIONS , there is no better herb to administer in our geographical zone comparable to Citrullus colocynthis . For BOILS, a poultice of the fruit’s pulp is applied topically twice daily.
7. Dissolves ABDOMINAL TUMORS.
8. Possesses ANTI BACTERIAL PROPERTY .
9. This plant has ANTI CANDIDA ACTIVITY.
10. Can be relied on for the treatment of LUNG INFECTIONS.
11. It STIMULATES and INCREASES MENSTRUAL l FLOW and as such is useful for ladies suffering from SCANTY MENSES . However, this plant is prohibited in pregnancy
12. A known PURGATIVE HERB.
13. It can help to REESTABLISH FLOW of menses in cases of ceased menses also referred to as AMENORRHEA .
14. It induces INSULIN SECRETION n from pancreas.
15. It STIMULATES HAIR GROWTH when applied on scalp.
16. This herbs has a deep BLOOD CLEANSING effect.
17. Bitter apple assists the treatment of ARTHRITIS and RHEUMATISM .
18.This plant possesses strong ANTI INFLAMMATORY property.
19. It promotes BILE secretion.
20. Bitter apple is utilized in the treatment of LEUKEMIA.
To Buy the Herbals and also For Contact...